2009年4月22日星期三

Love is in the air on TV

It’s springtime and love is in the air.

But, much like life, we don’t always agree on who should be together. I really like P.J. and Bobby together on "My Boys" but I’ve learned many of you don’t. So I thought we would take a look at the new couples who have popped up this season and discuss . . .

Juliet and Sawyer on "Lost:" One of the smartest decisions "Lost" made this season was the role reversal between Jack and Sawyer. Sawyer is in charge and Jack is surprisingly okay with that. While this quadrangle (Jack, Kate, Sawyer, Juliet) was brewing last season, it was with Jack being torn between the two women and Kate being torn between two men. But when the timeline advanced three years and showed Juliet and James (as she and Locke call him) in domestic bliss it somehow made perfect sense. And their union was a nice departure for the show in that it was free of angst. I’m rooting for them to stay together, how about you?

Charlie and Chelsea on "Two and a Half Men:" Even in comedies, characters need to evolve so they aren’t perpetually stuck in a revolving story line. We had seasons of Charlie’s womanizing, it’s been great and very funny to see him commit to one woman.

Owen and Cristina on "Grey’s Anatomy:" I really like this relationship because it made sense to me that Cristina would wait to date again after her break-up with Burke and it made sense to me that she would be drawn to someone as complex as Owen. Sometimes it really does seem like this is the only adult relationship on the show. I fear their relationship has the potential to become melodramatic but so far it's been the season's bright spot.

Barney and Robin on "How I Met Your Mother:" I’ve been a fan of this pairing since it was first hinted at and this season Barney’s silently pining for Robin has added depth to his character (Barney has feelings!) while placing him in an unfamiliar situation (he doesn’t have confidence to declare his love). Plus it’s allowed the show runners to write more scenes between Barney and Lilly, who became Barney's exclusive confidant. Now I’ve heard the concerns that if Barney starts dating Robin, he won’t be Barney anymore. But I have faith that the show runners won’t let us down.

Penny and Leonard on "The Big Bang Theory:" The comedy has successfully avoided letting the series wallow in a "will they or won’t they" dynamic. I kind of think they should let Penny and Leonard date for more than five seconds and see what happens. I don't think it will take away from the show at all.

So that’s how I’m feeling about some of the new couples who have gotten together (or almost gotten together) this season? How about you? Also want new couples have you liked this season? Talk about it below.

没有评论:

发表评论